What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
Many drivers wonder about the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles when they’re beginning to search for their next car. Both of these types of vehicles are technically “used,” but there are important differences that drivers in the Elk Grove area should definitely be aware of! Before you make a decision on your next pre-owned vehicle, compare CPO vs. used vehicles with Kareem Auto Sales Inc.
Certified Pre-Owned vs. Used Vehicles
The main difference between certified pre-owned and used vehicles is simple: certified pre-owned vehicles must pass strict, manufacturer-designed inspections, which ensure lasting quality. Compared to used cars, certified pre-owned models are preferred by drivers who’ve made peace of mind a top priority.
Each manufacturer has its own standards, but in general, you can assume that a CPO vehicle fulfills each of the following requirements:
- CPO vehicles are generally fewer than five years old.
- Most certified pre-owned vehicles have fewer than 80,000 miles. Some can have up to 100,000.
- All certified pre-owned vehicles must pass a thorough multi-point inspection.
- With a CPO vehicle, you’ll receive a CPO warranty. These may be identical to or different from the original warranty or extended warranties, but usually, they offer extensive coverage of the vehicle and the powertrain.
Compared to used vehicles, CPO models are almost always newer, with lower mileage, and with more dependable powertrains. For this reason, most start at higher prices than used cars that haven’t been certified.
At the same time, the price tags of certified pre-owned cars are always significantly lower than those of otherwise comparable new cars. Many consider certified vehicles to offer a superior balance of affordability and dependability. Used car leasing options are rare, but some dealerships offer leasing options with certified pre-owned vehicles.
What to Know When Buying a Used Car
Whether you opt for a used or a certified pre-owned vehicle, you’ll be able to save when you come to Kareem Auto Sales Inc. Here, it’s possible to find models priced below $10,000, or even below $5,000! Of course, a vehicle’s starting cost isn’t the only thing that you should consider when making your choice:
- In the past, drivers searching for a used car were told to stay far away from vehicles with more than 100,000 miles on their odometers. This is still a good guideline if you’ve got options, but it’s important to note that newer models can last for 200,000 miles or more if they’ve been properly maintained.
- Even if you choose a tested and certified pre-owned car, it’s a good idea to open up the hood and go for a test drive before you buy. If possible, bring it to a local mechanic to have it checked out by a second set of eyes.
- Models which have suffered structural damage, or which have spent a lot of time in extreme climates, tend not to last as long as other models of the same make and year. Highway miles tend to put less wear and tear on a vehicle than miles earned in stop-and-go traffic.
Find the Right Pre-Owned Vehicle at Kareem Auto Sales Inc
Once you’ve found the used or certified pre-owned vehicle that satisfies all your needs—like a used Ford Mustang—we’re sure you’ll be eager to take the next steps. If you’re ready to get started, value your trade-in, apply for financing, and find out how you can even get a car loan with bad credit today! If you’re thinking about getting gap insurance, explore the benefits and what it covers with Kareem Auto Sales Inc. Find your next used RAM, Dodge, Toyota, or other used vehicle when you visit us.
Kareem Auto Sales Inc Used Vehicle Specials
More from Kareem Auto Sales Inc
The transmission fluid is what launches your car forward on the Elk Grove roads. Like all fluids, your transmission fluid will need to be changed over time to help keep your vehicle running properly. If you’re unsure how to check your transmission fluid, then don’t fret. Kareem Auto Sales Inc has you covered with this handy guide that shows…
Your car’s oil is vital to keeping its engine parts running efficiently so that your car can drive smoothly on the Elk Grove roads. Knowing how to check car oil is essential to keeping your vehicle running at its best. Luckily, you don’t have to be an ace mechanic to determine when it’s time to bring…
Fall is here, and we don’t know about you, but the Kareem Auto Sales Inc employees are determined to get outside and enjoy everything nature has to offer. That’s why we’ve made this list of things to do in Sacramento, to share our love of this Sacramento Valley with our local customers. This means seeing wildlife, this means…