What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
Many drivers wonder about the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles when they’re beginning to search for their next car. Both of these types of vehicles are technically “used,” but there are important differences that drivers in the Elk Grove area should definitely be aware of! Before you make a decision on your next pre-owned vehicle, compare CPO vs. used vehicles with Kareem Auto Sales Inc.
Certified Pre-Owned vs. Used Vehicles
The main difference between certified pre-owned and used vehicles is simple: certified pre-owned vehicles must pass strict, manufacturer-designed inspections, which ensure lasting quality. Compared to used cars, certified pre-owned models are preferred by drivers who’ve made peace of mind a top priority.
Each manufacturer has its own standards, but in general, you can assume that a CPO vehicle fulfills each of the following requirements:
- CPO vehicles are generally fewer than five years old.
- Most certified pre-owned vehicles have fewer than 80,000 miles. Some can have up to 100,000.
- All certified pre-owned vehicles must pass a thorough multi-point inspection.
- With a CPO vehicle, you’ll receive a CPO warranty. These may be identical to or different from the original warranty, but usually offer extensive coverage of the vehicle and the powertrain.
Compared to used vehicles, CPO models are almost always newer, with lower mileage, and with more dependable powertrains. For this reason, most start at higher prices than used cars that haven’t been certified.
At the same time, the price tags of certified pre-owned cars are always significantly lower than those of otherwise comparable new cars. Many consider certified vehicles to offer a superior balance of affordability and dependability. Used car leasing options are rare, but some dealerships offer leasing options with certified pre-owned vehicles.
What to Know When Buying a Used Car
Whether you opt for a used or a certified pre-owned vehicle, you’ll be able to save when you come to Kareem Auto Sales Inc. Here, it’s possible to find models priced below $10,000, or even below $5,000! Of course, a vehicle’s starting cost isn’t the only thing that you should consider when making your choice:
- In the past, drivers searching for a used car were told to stay far away from vehicles with more than 100,000 miles on their odometers. This is still a good guideline if you’ve got options, but it’s important to note that newer models can last for 200,000 miles or more if they’ve been properly maintained.
- Even if you choose a tested and certified pre-owned car, it’s a good idea to open up the hood and go for a test drive before you buy. If possible, bring it to a local mechanic to have it checked out by a second set of eyes.
- Models which have suffered structural damage, or which have spent a lot of time in extreme climates, tend not to last as long as other models of the same make and year. Highway miles tend to put less wear and tear on a vehicle than miles earned in stop-and-go traffic.
Find the Right Pre-Owned Vehicle at Kareem Auto Sales Inc
Once you’ve found the used or certified pre-owned vehicle that satisfies all your needs, we’re sure you’ll be eager to take the next steps. If you’re ready to get started, value your trade-in and apply for financing today! If you’re thinking about getting gap insurance, explore the benefits and what it covers with Kareem Auto Sales Inc.
Kareem Auto Sales Inc Used Vehicle Specials
10 Matching Vehicles Found
Based on model year EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
More from Kareem Auto Sales Inc
At Kareem Auto Sales Inc, we sell only the finest quality used vehicles that are guaranteed to impress. However, every vehicle – even the newest ones on the showroom floor – needs to be serviced on a regular basis. And only if you maintain your car on a regular schedule, you can be sure that it will run…
The Honda Ridgeline is a real midsize pickup truck, and it can tow heavy loads with the best of them! Even in its baseline configuration, with two-wheel drive, the Ridgeline can tow up to 3,500 pounds. With AWD, this Honda truck can handle up to 5,000 pounds on the roads near Folsom and Rancho Cordova. That…
Many drivers wonder about the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles when they’re beginning to search for their next car. Both of these types of vehicles are technically “used,” but there are important differences that drivers in the Elk Grove area should definitely be aware of! Before you make a decision on your next pre-owned…