What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
In addition to looking at a used car’s physical and mechanical condition, you’re also going to want to check the mileage. While most would suggest that you should shy away from a used car that has over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule. If the vehicle has been taken care of and is well maintained it could still be a very good buy. Some important factors for Roseville area drivers to consider when shopping for a pre-owned vehicle include condition, location, and usage. Learn more in this guide from Kareem Auto Sales Inc.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
When shopping a used car there are some things you should look at in addition to the mileage:
- Usage – A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. Make sure that you get the previous owner’s driving history before you buy.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a locale that has a dry, warm climate, undergo less stress than vehicles from areas that have a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Get a certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine if there are any issues, such as mechanical problems or rust, that will need to be dealt with. Figure this cost into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history of the vehicle to ensure that it has been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes. An irregular service history can be a sign of expensive problems in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
Whether you’re shopping for a Highlander or a Corolla, a newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. Make sure to take these factors into account when buying:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
Find Used Cars Near Folsom Today
There’s more to consider than just the mileage when shopping for a used car. Continue your research by finding out how often to replace a car battery. At Kareem Auto Sales Inc we have a wide selection of high-quality used vehicles for you to choose from, including popular models like the used Chevy Camaro. Check out our used vehicle specials to find some of the best deals available in the Elk Grove area, and please contact us if you have any questions.
More from Kareem Auto Sales Inc
At Kareem Auto Sales Inc, we sell only the finest quality used vehicles that are guaranteed to impress. However, every vehicle – even the newest ones on the showroom floor – needs to be serviced on a regular basis. And only if you maintain your car on a regular schedule, you can be sure that it will run…
The Honda Ridgeline is a real midsize pickup truck, and it can tow heavy loads with the best of them! Even in its baseline configuration, with two-wheel drive, the Ridgeline can tow up to 3,500 pounds. With AWD, this Honda truck can handle up to 5,000 pounds on the roads near Folsom and Rancho Cordova. That…
Many drivers wonder about the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles when they’re beginning to search for their next car. Both of these types of vehicles are technically “used,” but there are important differences that drivers in the Elk Grove area should definitely be aware of! Before you make a decision on your next pre-owned…