What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
In addition to looking at a used car’s physical and mechanical condition, you’re also going to want to check the mileage. While most would suggest that you should shy away from a used car that has over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule. So what is good mileage on a used car? If the vehicle has been taken care of and is well maintained it could still be a very good buy. Some important factors for Roseville area drivers to consider when shopping for a pre-owned vehicle include condition, location, and usage. Learn more in this guide from Kareem Auto Sales Inc.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
When shopping for a used car there are some things you should look at in addition to the mileage:
- Usage – What is good mileage for a used car? A car driven 75,000 miles in stop-and-go traffic will wear down sooner than one that has racked up 75,000 miles on the open highway. Make sure that you get the previous owner’s driving history before you buy.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a locale that has a dry, warm climate, undergo less stress than vehicles from areas that have a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Get a certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine if there are any issues, such as mechanical problems or rust, that will need to be dealt with. Figure this cost into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history of the vehicle to ensure that it has been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes. Irregular service history can be a sign of expensive problems in the future.
Mileage vs. Age
Whether you’re shopping for a Highlander, Mustang, or Corolla, a newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. Make sure to take these factors into account when buying:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly will often have higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can develop if a car isn’t driven on a regular basis.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- Low mileage vehicles often come with a higher price tag.
Find Used Cars Near Folsom Today
Knowing what is good mileage for a used car is important, but it isn’t the only factor to keep in mind when you’re shopping for a new car. Continue your research by finding out how often to replace a car battery. At Kareem Auto Sales Inc we have a wide selection of high-quality used vehicles for you to choose from, including popular models like the used Chevy Camaro. Check out our used vehicle specials to find some of the best deals available in the Elk Grove area, and please contact us if you have any questions.
Want to learn more? Be sure to read up on how to trade in a financed car.
More from Kareem Auto Sales Inc
The Toyota Camry is a fully-loaded sedan that has become quite popular with Elk Grove drivers and industry experts alike. For the most recent model year, there are several outstanding Toyota Camry configurations to choose from, including hybrid models. From the Camry SE to the XSE, you’ll be able to find the right fit for you…
What is more iconic than the Jeep Wrangler? The 2021 Jeep Wrangler interior has found a way to blend style, comfort, and technology to take you to Elk Grove and beyond on the open road, without sacrificing comfort. The 2021 Jeep Wrangler also comes with plenty of cargo space to carry your gear with you, so…
If you’re looking for a new compact, then you won’t be able to ignore the 2021 Honda Civic. Combining performance and top-of-the-line technology, the Honda Civic interior is a spacious and enjoyable ride that feels a cut above its rivals. Find out why so many Elk Grove drivers are coming into Kareem Auto Sales Inc looking for a Honda…